Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

The Value of Twitter in Getting Noticed

heather bayer Huntsville, ON

February 5, 2019

Twitter can be underestimated in it's value as a marketing tool, however it has to be worked consistently and it a strategic manner.  Grow lists of investors and others who are i the short-term rental space.  Engage with them and you'll begin to get noticed.  Your profile will have your web URL so no need to promote the property as your listing does that.

So, who is using Twitter for marketing?

My Twitter address is @cottageguru if you'd like to follow and engage with me on there.

Comments

heather b. Huntsville, ON

Feb 05 2019, 10:28 PM

Like every platform, Twitter needs to be worked at, and it takes time to build a following. The big mistake I see people making is a constant stream of self-promotion which just doesn't play into the ethos of engagement.  Answer questions, share interesting stuff, offer helpful tips.  That's how to grow.  In the words of Gary Vee "Twitter is still a marketer’s dream come true because it allows you to initiate a relationship with your customer."

Heather Bayer

Co-Founder Vacation Rental Formula

Erica M. Orlando, FL

Feb 05 2019, 05:23 PM

Awesome tips Heather!! I love following your tweets. You always offer tons of value! I am not as active on Twitter as I should be. Not because I don't believe in it, but because I'm spread so thin. I'm hoping to change that soon as I believe in the value of it. Curious to hear what other owners are doing. 

Kindest Regards, 

Erica Muller
Vrolio, Founder & CEO

"Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” - Mark Twain

Adrian G. Maplewood, NJ

Jun 06 2020, 10:23 AM

Twitter has become great platform for Politicians, Actors, Influencers and Media. You can reach to maximum no of people using it in right way.

1. People use it because this is the fastest social platform to share your views on any trending or non trending topics.
  2. People use it to communicate with brands regarding their services or products .
  3. They use it to talk to Politicians if they don’t reply in public.
  4. People use it for news; they have stopped watching news channels .
  5. This is the only Social Media Channel where advertisement is less rather than other social platforms.
  6. Most of the businesses or brands are fail to understand the use of twitter on the other side some businesses have made their twitter account as a customer support.
  7. People use twitter to share the information or message in real time. Some time traditional media is late in bringing real time news but twitter gives you fastest news.