Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

How do you find and Screen a great Photographer/Videographer? How do you do it on a budget?

Matt Malouf , CA

February 5, 2019

Personally I like thumbtack.com to find professionals. On a budget, I like to post an ad on Craigslist to see if I can find a hobbyist interested in the project or contact the teachers at local Junior Colleges if they can recommend any students interested in such things.

Matt Malouf

Author-Adventurepreneur

Comments

Nancy M. Saint-Lazare-de-Vaudreuil, QC

Mar 12 2019, 03:56 PM

I wouldn't use any students or interns as the marketers for your vacation rental or your property for sale. Think about it... this is probably one of the largest monetary investments you will make in your life! Why would you trust someone with little to no knowledge in the field to something like your videos and photos that are THE MOST IMPORTANT marketing tool for the sale of your business or for your vacation rental booking success?

Personally, I would search for a local professional company that has magazine quality photography and DRONE video options. In my opinion and experience quality photos and video can garner a rental up to 25% more in gross rental when a property is staged correctly, with a quality design scheme, and professional photos and video. NEVER skimp on this area!!!!

Erica M. Orlando, FL

Feb 05 2019, 09:14 PM

It depends on what it's for. If it's for the rental listing pictures than I would definitely hire a professional. We have some great ones in the Vrolio directory but if it's for experiemental stuff than yea, interns are always an option. We have Full Sail here in Orlando and it's full of talent. You can also look for photographers on ModelMeyhem.com it's a site where models and photographers connnect but there's tons of talent on there if you're looking for like an Instagram worthy shoot. 

Kindest Regards, 

Erica Muller
Vrolio, Founder & CEO

"Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” - Mark Twain