Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Wears Valley Where is the best location to buy an investmet property.

Rhonda Blue Pigeon Forge, TN

September 6, 2019

I am an investor of Short Term Vacation rentals Plus I am also a licensed real estate broker affiliate and work with RnR cabin rentals.  I get this question ALL the time even from new and also seasoned investors. 

ANSWER: My best advice is to purchase in an area that you are comfortable with. Where would you stay!  For example. Gatlinburg has condos, older vacation homes, A frames, and some areas are off Ski Mtn with tight elevated roads, or there is the Large newer builds in Gatlinburg Falls Resort. Pigeon Forge is a wide spread area with a variety of new builds and older mtn homes, or new in town resorts! SEVIERVILLE County is where all my personal cabins are because I wanted to be away from town and have the privacy and views. There are resorts like Sky Harbor that are in between Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge then Awesome MTN Views down in Wears Valley at resorts like the Preserve or Hickory Hollow. One major issue is to have an agent you trust to help find you a great place because some roads make the right cabin NOT be accessible! 

This in no way is everything just a little touch on the areas and the potential for great rental investment opportunities. 

Comments

Matt M. , CA

Nov 20 2019, 05:38 PM

Agreed, great advice!

Matt Malouf

Author-Adventurepreneur