Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Closing from afar

Erica Muller Orlando, FL

February 5, 2019

Most of these vacation rental sales are closed remotely because the buyer isn't local. Wondering how many of you actually opted to fly in for the closing and if so, what was the first thing you did after you closed on it? 

Kindest Regards, 

Erica Muller
Vrolio, Founder & CEO

"Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” - Mark Twain

Comments

Kate Y. Honolulu, HI

Feb 05 2019, 07:59 PM

Didn’t have to fly. Closed my Austin STR home from Singapore. Arranged to have my housekeeper and a mover pack up the home into a POD container. 

We did most of the documents via DocuSign and then the US Embassy for the final settlement docs. Overnighted from Singapore to Austin ($80) and title received, closed and funded 2 days later.

heather b. Huntsville, ON

Feb 05 2019, 10:18 PM

I closed on 4 properties in Ontario and flew in for the Friday closing on each one- had furniture delivered and equipped each one over the weekend, flying back to UK on the Sunday red-eye.  Crazy when I look back on it.

Heather Bayer

Co-Founder, Vacation Rental Formula

Nancy M. Saint-Lazare-de-Vaudreuil, QC

Feb 11 2019, 04:57 PM

Not as crazy as Kate or Heather... but we drove to NY state from Montreal and Ottawa during a snowstorm on Dec 26th (Boxing Day) to sign papers with US Notary. Our partner's wife had pneumonia and drove straight to the hospital afterward. Not sure why they demanded that for this particular property (to be closed in the USA) because as we closed the rest of our properties remotely in our home bases in Canada... but that definitely was one to remember!

Nancy M. Saint-Lazare-de-Vaudreuil, QC

Feb 11 2019, 04:57 PM

Not as crazy as Kate or Heather... but we drove to NY state from Montreal and Ottawa during a snowstorm on Dec 26th (Boxing Day) to sign papers with US Notary. Our partner's wife had pneumonia and drove straight to the hospital afterward. Not sure why they demanded that for this particular property (to be closed in the USA) because as we closed the rest of our properties remotely in our home bases in Canada... but that definitely was one to remember!