Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

A way to increase the rental price

tara doridy Edmonton, AB

November 19, 2022

I tell many landlords that the price really depends on the convenient location of the apartment/house and the interior. I recommend that they do minimal renovations to increase the price tag. What do you think landlords should pay attention to when they are preparing apartments for renting?

Comments

iren m. Madison, WI

Nov 20 2022, 08:52 AM

I' m an interior designer and have done projects for landlords many times. I constantly say that in order to raise the price they need to invest in repairs. Not many people pay attention to things like radiators, baseboards, lighting, etc. These days funky radiators are trendy and can really affect the rent price. Because these elements can complement the interior or ruin it. Often clients are surprised when I say that in an apartment with a new renovation should not leave a thirty-year-old radiators. So it is worth paying attention to such things, too.

christina b. Des Moines, IA

Nov 21 2022, 12:37 PM

Before renting out the property, I would recommend doing a quality cleaning of the premises. Perhaps my thought is subjective, because I work in the cleaning industry. But it is really worth doing. All the more reason to take photos of the premises for rent should definitely be done after cleaning.

willem m. Sitges, B

Dec 25 2022, 03:20 PM