Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Looking for vacation rental properties in the Florida market. Where are the best locations for tourist, family outing/gatherings, friends getaways?

Stephanie Turner Northfield, OH

January 25, 2019

Interested in leasing Florida property to make available for short term vacation rental.

Comments

Cyndee H. Madeira Beach, FL

Jan 28 2019, 01:42 AM

Stephanie,

Best means many things to many people so based on how you asked the questions for tourists, family outings/gatherings and friends getaways we've helped many invest in vacation rentals in the Clearwater Beach -St Pete Beach 26 mile stretch of beaches. Our area is very safe and popular with all vacationers and each of our beach towns has something a little different to offer. Clearwater Beach with it's award winning beaches and more upscale hotels, condos and restaurants is extremely popular and always have things to do and with all the recent development is very walkable.  Belleair Beach located in a deed restricted community which doesn't allow parking on the streets and while a few condos allow monthly rentals it's not been our clients first pick for investing in vacation rental properties. By contrast, Indian Rocks Beach and Indian Shores have many popular short term vacation rental options (weekly or less) and we have many clients that love the more traditional beach town feel with zoning not to build above 5 stories and not have "chains" more mom and pop restaurants etc. 2 lane road and laid back feel with beautiful sandy white beaches and Indian Rocks Beach has a new Water Park for tourists and fun outings too.  Redington Beach, Redington Shores and N Redington Beach have a few in that area however when you move on south to Madeira Beach the options are strong again with lots to do from Johns Pass to many areas being very walkable and several solid income producing opportunities. Over the bridge to Treasure Island in there are good investments however most are condo-hotels which means it limits use, can never be a permanent residence and loan options are ARMS vs fixed rate loans today. The last beach is St Pete Beach and there are some options and again recognized as an award-winning beach - much of which is occupied by hotels so limited ownership options. Reasons why clients we've worked with choose this area is our world-class airport that is easy to get in and out of and not only allows owners to easily get here but same is true for tourists, families and friends looking for a great getaway.  We also are close to Downtown St Pete and under 90 miles to Disney and more. 

Paul L. Coconut Grove, FL

Jan 25 2019, 10:21 PM

Hi Stephanie, 

So there are a number of vacation rental "hotspots" up in the Panhandle - IE Panama City Beach to Destin FL. There are also some good investment properties in South FL markets around the Miami area even up into Broward County / around Fort Lauderdale and some other beach markets -- if they are more urban properties / condos the key is finding those that are legal short-term rentals (typically it's the HOA's that won't allow). I can't speak to the middle / east coast of the state, but I know there are also a lot of vacation rentals in the Jax beach / Ponte Vedra areas as well. Hope this was helpful! 

Thanks, 
Paul Liguori 

Ricardo B. Miami Beach, FL

Feb 01 2019, 01:40 AM

Miami, Miami Beach and sorrounding areas. 

Nothing better for you Rental Income.

we.com get k

Feb 01 2019, 01:43 AM

Miami, Miami Beach and surrounding areas Hollywood, Hallandale, Sunny Isles 

you can get better return on your rental income from this areas. 

We at Dreamdealsvacations.com get 15/20 request per day for Short Term Rentals that we can supply because our lack of enough units. Incredible but true. 

Ricardo Blanco 305-458-2825

Erica M. Orlando, FL

Jan 25 2019, 09:44 PM

Hi Stephanie! 

I can only speak on the market I'm most familiar with and that's Kissimmee/Davenport (Disney World market) and it's probably one of the most family-friendly destinations in FL. The vacation rentals here all cater to multi-generational families. You'll notice that many of the homes come with themed bedrooms and have high bed/bath ratios as many of the newer homes in this market are purpose built (meaning that they were built exclusively for vacation rental purposes). There's so much to do here as far as activities go also. If you're looking in this market, the 5+ bedroom single family homes do really well for rentals since they can sleep more and will pull in a higher rate. 

Kindest Regards, 

Erica Muller
Vrolio, Founder & CEO

"Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” - Mark Twain

Donna F. Destin, FL

Jan 25 2019, 11:19 PM

Hi Stephanie, 

Paul L.  Provided you with a good answer. If you are looking for beach the panhandle offers some of the most beautiful white sand with emerald water beaches anywhere and the Coastal Dune Lakes are a must see adventure.  There are many opportunities to invest in Florida, many beaches and communities to explore throughout the state. I’m partial to the  Panhandle which offers its own unique coastal vibe, is typically less crowded and full of southern charm.  There are numerous opportunities to invest in good vacation properties all along Florida’s northern coast. Each community has its own unique character and personality from Perdido Key to Mexico Beach.... Destin is always a family favorite, 30A offers numerous little communities each with its own uniqueness like Seaside, Gulf Place or Rosemary Beach to name a few.   Panama City Beach is finally growing up and moving away from the “crazy spring break” attitude to a more family oriented destination. I’m not sure leasing a property for a vacation rental would work but I have many investors who have bought properties and successfully rented them for years. 

Hope that helps. 

Nancy M. Saint-Lazare-de-Vaudreuil, QC

Jan 26 2019, 11:43 PM

HI Stephanie,

The market in and around Anna Maria Island is a hotbed in demand both traveler wise and investors looking to buy in. It's best to contact a local agent in the area for sure to find something that is of value where you will get the best return on your investment. With pretty much year round rental occupancy, it's a good bet. But finding deals right now is next to impossible.

If you are looking for large group gathering spots I would look to areas that offer a multitude of activities. Many Florida travelers look for the following theme parks, golfing, luxury, beaches, and larger homes obviously where they can all fit around a dinner table and gather outside. I would look to ensure you can attract travelers with the exterior of your property because that is the main reason why travelers are coming, to spend time outside.

Alexandra R. Kissimmee, FL

Jan 28 2019, 12:41 PM

Kissimmee, near Disney, is exceptional for what you are looking for. This area is one of the top vacation rental areas in the US as far as number of vacation homes. The builder trends over the last years has been to build 8+ bed homes to accommodate these types of groups.

Donna F. Destin, FL

Jan 28 2019, 02:02 PM

Stephanie, 

if you visit the panhandle I’d love the opportunity to show you the area and introduce you to some great properties.

Donna Fox

ResortQuest Real Estate

35000 Emerald Coast Parkway

Destin, Florida. 32541

1.850.837.5390(Fax)

DonnaFox@cox.net

A Wyndham Worldwide company, NYSE: WYN

https://donnafox.rqemeraldcoastrealestate.com

Save $ OFF* ResortQuest Beach Vacations! 

888-864-6786 DISCOUNT BOOKING COUPON CODE RE035  *(some restrictions apply)

Adrienne D. Indian Rocks Beach, FL

Feb 01 2019, 05:17 PM

Pinellas county beaches of fl

Adrian J. Anna Maria, FL

Feb 02 2019, 01:56 AM

Hi Stephanie, 

Anna Maria Island on the Gulf Coast is a great location and a target area for investors, second home owners and tourists. Many guests return year after year making the area better than most markets for repeat business. The market has improved, and purchase prices have increased, however there are still some good opportunities with above average ROI in multiple price ranges. 

Happy to discuss this with you in more detail and answer any questions.

Adrian.

Adrian Johnson

HI Stephanie,

The market in and around Anna Maria Island is a hotbed in demand both traveler wise and investors looking to buy in. It's best to contact a local agent in the area for sure to find something that is of value where you will get the best return on your investment. With pretty much year round rental occupancy, it's a good bet. But finding deals right now is next to impossible.

If you are looking for large group gathering spots I would look to areas that offer a multitude of activities. Many Florida travelers look for the following theme parks, golfing, luxury, beaches, and larger homes obviously where they can all fit around a dinner table and gather outside. I would look to ensure you can attract travelers with the exterior of your property because that is the main reason why travelers are coming, to spend time outside.

HI Stephanie,

Stephanie T. Northfield, OH

Jan 28 2019, 03:28 AM

Everyone, thank you for the comments; they are quite helpful.  I'm planning several trips to Florida over the next few months to become more familiar with Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas.  Also, I'm curious about the Florida Panhandle and I will do some research in this area, as well.  Thanks again.  Stephanie (Stevie) Turner

We at Dreamdealsvacations.com get 15/20 request per day for Short Term Rentals that we can supply because our lack of enough units. Incredible but true. 

omar k. Karachi, SD

Dec 04 2019, 01:37 PM

There are a number of places where you can look to rent properties for the need of a vacation home. The locations depend on your preference as well as to what you prefer, are you looking for something more towards the hotter temperature or colder one. Are you looking for something more towards the suburbs, mountains or beaches.

Jagah Online
http://www.jagahonline.com/