Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Is Panama City Beach a good market for STRPs?

SHANNON GARRETT Nashville, TN

November 29, 2019

Hello everyone!  We are looking at a condo located in Panama City Beach, FL and have been trying to find out details and requirements related to short-term rentals. It's been challenging at best to get a definitive answer as to whether or not a permit is required and more - does anyone have insight on this market? Thank you in advance!

Comments

lynn r. Nashville, TN

Jan 07 2020, 01:13 AM

We have a STR house in Panama City Beach, and there are no restrictions at all. We are located in the unincorporated west end of the beach, so here's the caveat(s). There might be additional restrictions inside city limits, if your condo is within city limits. Your condo or HOA may have its own restrictions. But that being said, I doubt it on both issues because the economy is 100% driven by tourism. A beach condo that could not be short term rented would be almost worthless. While this was not your question, I'll also add that there are a lot of rentals available, so you might want to avoid a place with high condo fees to maximize your income. The guaranteed market is basically spring break (Mar-Apr) and June 1 to August 1. Fall break might bring another few nights. Winter can bring a few rentals, but mostly snowbirds, and they are a savvy lot that is very cost-conscious! It's a great place to own, however, and I particularly love to go in October when the weather is perfect, no crowds are there, and the water is still warm.

Donna F. Destin, FL

Mar 10 2020, 01:26 AM

Feel free to reach out to me, I’ll be happy to answer your questions.  I’m an active real estate agent selling property PCB, Destin area for 30 years.  Also own SRT in PCB. 

anthony g. Austin, TX

Nov 30 2019, 09:57 PM

ryan b. Panama City Beach, FL

Dec 14 2019, 02:58 AM

I would love to know the same information

deedee c. Milton, GA

Apr 20 2020, 01:57 PM

Yes!!!

kelli m. Huntsville, AL

Dec 23 2019, 05:13 PM

marc y. Kissimmee, FL

Jan 07 2020, 10:30 AM

irfan v. Austin, TX

Mar 10 2020, 06:40 AM

marina f. Brooklyn/New York, NY

Mar 10 2020, 12:55 PM

melissa w. Naperville, IL

Mar 18 2021, 03:58 PM

Hi Shannon!  By now you may have already made your investment purchase.  However, if you are still looking, Vrolio has a wonderful agent in that market who specializes in short-term rentals.  She would be a great resource for you as you navigate the legal areas for short-term rentals.  Please email Advisor@Vrolio.com for an introduction or if you have any further questions! Best of luck!