Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

How to find a mentor

dana ure Layton, UT

April 28, 2021

Hello, my husband and I live in Utah and are currently looking for a STRP in Nevada. I know there's so much we don't know and only so much I can find online. I've read several things that have told me to find a mentor... but I don't even know where to start. I'm working with a realtor in Nevada, who was recommended from here, but I don't know how to find an actual mentor who owns STRs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

garrett b. Farmington, UT

Jun 01 2021, 07:46 PM

Hi Dana, my fiance and I signed up for a mentorship program called Vodyssey with an experienced investor named Shawn Moore based out of Utah. It's amazing (I'm not getting anything for promoting it!) Within a few months we had our first out of state STR and are making money with it, so I highly recommend it! He's got recorded lessons, a weekly support call with other investors, a coach that checks in with you weekly, and a really active facebook group with about 150 active short term rental investor participants who can answer your questions too. It does cost about $5800 now I think, but you'll make that money back just in the mistakes he'll save you from and the great advice about how to maximize your income. Good luck!