Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Hire an interior designer or no?

Matt Malouf , CA

March 20, 2019

At what point would you decide to hire a professional interior designer? Is cost an issue?

Would they have to be local and look at your place or would you work with one virtually?

Matt Malouf

Author-Adventurepreneur

Comments

Jodi B. Wimberley, TX

Mar 21 2019, 12:09 PM

“The key is to set realistic customer expectations and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them — preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.”    Richard Branson

Shelley S. Broomfield, CO

Apr 10 2019, 04:53 AM

Yes It is always best to hire a designer. The photos are the first impression you give your guests and it is important to have quality design and quality photography.

The design elements that a qualified designer can add to your vacation rental property will bring rewards far beyond the increase in price and occupancy.  The use of color is important to attract attention from your guests. It is easy to work in person if the unit is needing to be 100% furnished.  And many items can be selected from a distance or virtually.  I can select wall colors, furnishings, art, accessories and rugs all virtually.  Then  the property owner would need to be available or hire someone to open boxes and assemble and style  the items in the various rooms.  If I am working locally (in Colorado or other state depending on the project size, I would make sure my team took care of those details).  I would be pleased to help with any challenges you have. Let me know.

Basil A. , AK

Mar 23 2019, 07:35 PM

I had no issue with virtual interiors deisgner. It costed me 50% lower than my local designers. and the result was good!.

Susanne Y. Kelowna, BC

Apr 05 2019, 02:31 AM

Who did you use for virtual design tips for Vacation Rentals?

Susanne Young 

Vacation Rental Strategist, Author of Vacation Rental Ownership 2019 

www.vacationrentalstrategist.com

Adriana M. Oceanside, CA

Apr 06 2019, 01:08 AM

Monica M. Los Angeles, CA

Apr 06 2019, 10:12 PM

Thank you for the reach out can you send me samples of your work and where you are willing to work. Tell me more about you please.

Apr 06 2019, 10:12 PM

Thank you for the reach out can you send me samples of your work and where you are willing to work. Tell me more about you please.

Apr 06 2019, 10:13 PM

Shelley S. Broomfield, CO

Apr 10 2019, 04:46 AM

Yes! Hiring an interior designer can make a mediocre room transform into something great with a few key additions. I live in Colorado and work in the Front Range, Denver and Boulder area as well as the resort areas of Summit County and Pitkin County. I can work from a long distance if you send me photos and measurements depending on the items needed. I have been doing Interior Design for over 25 years. I have done 4 fix and flips, I have staged, many properties for investments friends over the years.