Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Hill Country Texas - a good investment?

heather bayer Huntsville, ON

February 27, 2019

I'm issuing a challenge.

While in hill country, north and west of San Antonio, I've fallen for the countryside, the ambiance, the feel of the place.  As an investor in the 'boomer' class I'm looking for a second home to visit in the winter while it's too cold at home, that will have year-round rental potential, will be legal to rent, and has some good numbers.  Property prices seem fair, occupancy levels are good and given some bare research on HA and Airbnb it seems a good spot to invest.

Thoughts?

Comments

Alanna S. Larkspur, CA

Feb 27 2019, 06:25 PM

I think so.  One of our #vacationrentalbootcamp alumni has several places in Texas Hill Country!

I can connect you to her if you want.

Jodi B. Wimberley, TX

Mar 02 2019, 12:04 AM

Heather,  yes.  The Texas Hill Country is Booming.  Every one of the clients I’ve had here are buying or building more.  Most of the little towns do not yet have HOT.  Give me a call. I can tell you exactly where to buy.  

Matt M. , CA

Mar 18 2019, 06:02 PM

Looks like a strong market on AirDNA and some beautiful listings!

Matt Malouf

Author-Adventurepreneur

Alanna S. Larkspur, CA

Feb 27 2019, 06:25 PM

I think so.  One of our #vacationrentalbootcamp alumni has several places in Texas Hill Country!

I can connect you to her if you want.

heather b. Huntsville, ON

Feb 28 2019, 02:22 AM

Yes, please Alanna!

Erica M. Orlando, FL

Mar 01 2019, 09:13 PM

Would love to talk to her as well Alanna! Is she on Vrolio? I can shoot her a message. If not, LMK how to connect. Thanks!

Kindest Regards, 

Erica Muller
Vrolio, Founder & CEO

"Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” - Mark Twain

Alanna S. Larkspur, CA

Mar 02 2019, 05:45 PM

Heather & Erica,

I just connected you to Nancy via email :)

Alanna

Jodi B. Wimberley, TX

Mar 18 2019, 08:09 PM

Alanna I would love a connection with her as well.  Since I am here in the Hill Country I like getting to know local owners.  

“The key is to set realistic customer expectations and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them — preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.”    Richard Branson