Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Financing for international investors

heather bayer Huntsville, ON

November 17, 2018

Are there financing deals available for international investors looking to purchase vacation property in the US?  Where should an investor start looking?

Comments

Adrian J. Anna Maria, FL

Dec 14 2018, 04:23 AM

We have several lenders specializing in the Vacation Rental Market that will lend to international investors. Happy to pass on their details.

Adrian Johnson

Erica M. Orlando, FL

Dec 09 2018, 01:29 AM

I've looked into this Paul, depending on which country you're looking in, their local banks will lend to foreign nationals.

Matt M. , CA

Jan 04 2019, 03:54 PM

Financing in Latin America varies wildly for foreign nationals. Panama and Mexico are probably the easiest. Generally speaking, you will need to put down 20-50% of the purchase price and term length varies from 7 years to 15 years anywhere between 10-25% interest. So cashflowing with finance can be difficult unless you purchase a 5-7 bedroom home that you will live in and rent out the rest of the rooms BNB style.

Latin America does not have a well built out mortgage market and has no secondary mortgage market in general. The typical transaction is to pay cash. SOMETIMES you can get the owner to carry a note (depending on why they are selling) but it's often difficult since they want all the money upfront.

I have paid cash and done seller financing terms myself in 4 different countries which is the easiest route to go. My business partner started a mortgage application once a couple years ago to see how it goes. WOW, what a nightmare!!

Developers will often offer financing for their properties but the purchase price is usually highly inflated, so they are protected more than you as the buyer.Hope that helps as a start guide.

Matt Malouf

Author-Adventurepreneur

Daniel N. Denver, CO

Mar 04 2019, 06:30 PM

Yes we have financing solutions for international investors looking to purchase vacation properties. Property types are limited to SFR, 1-4 units. Contact me at daniel@HostFinancial.com for more information

Jeffery C. Hays, KS

Mar 06 2019, 08:56 PM

What type of deals are you referring to? What are they looking for?

Jeffery L Carter 
Branch Sales Manager | NMLS ID# 230738

Mobile: (785) 650-4727 
Office:  (785) 650-4727 
JefferyLC@PRMG.NET 

terry y. Orlando, FL

Oct 10 2022, 12:39 PM

We work with Lendai.us.  They actually underwrite the loan in the borrowers home country, so it can be treated more like a regular loan.  See info HERE: 

https://www.landing.lendai.us/buckeye-realty

Paul W. Bellevue, WA

Dec 08 2018, 07:46 AM

Or, vice versa, are there any financing available outside US for US investors? 

Erica M. Orlando, FL

Dec 19 2018, 04:13 AM

Thanks Adrian! Always looking for good lenders that understand vacation rentals!