Real Estate Forums

Start a Discussion
Not logged in
Back

Condos- Are they a good vacation rental investment

Erica Muller Orlando, FL

November 13, 2018

I would love to hear your opinions on this.

I know in my home market of Orlando (Disney area) condos are a more competitive choice because there are so many timeshare options in that nightly rate range to compete for guests with. In my market I usually advise at least a 3 bedroom condo if you're going to go with one and have money set aside to make it nice. 

What is your market like for condos? 

Comments

Donna F. Destin, FL

Jan 09 2019, 11:34 PM

The market in Destin, FWB, SRB, PCB has always been a strong rental market for condos.  I have many investors who own properties here who have invested and profited through the years.  Due Diligence and good rental management is key.

Matt M. , CA

Dec 10 2018, 01:28 AM

Personally I've invested in condos over a dozen times and none went very well, mostly because of out of control HOAs in unfriendly Southwest USA. I have a client doing rental arbitrage in a condo apartment complex in Central America and it going well, mostly due to the real estate bubble and the need for any kinds of rents.

My personal preference is to avoid unless there is specific language allowing you to do STR and the such.

Matt M. , CA

Feb 05 2019, 04:27 PM

I agree with Donna F, Due diligence and great rental management is key to success!

Matt Malouf

Author-Adventurepreneur

omar k. Karachi, SD

Dec 04 2019, 10:51 AM

Condos are a safe bet to invest in when it comes to Real Estate. The market is rising rapidly but also depends on a couple of factors such as market and economy. If the current perspective

Marketing Executive
Jagahonline
http://www.jagahonline.com/